Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cheap seafood dinner

$3.50 for four sea scallops
Local tomato
Zucchini from farmers market
Garlic
Lemon juice

Cut tomatoes in half, lay face up on rack over cookie sheet (line with parchment for easier cleanup) drizzle with olive oil and pepper. Put in oven at 350. For 1 hour. Sprinkle with salt when they come out of the oven.

Cut zucchini in quarters lengthwise and then in half. Sauté with a clove of garlic when lightly browned swirl pan to recoat olive oil, set scallops in pan and sear on both sides. Plate and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the scallops and a little salt on the zucchini. Yum!

Also a tasty drink with leftover lemon juice; add water and a couple raspberries . Squish the raspberries beyond repair and drink up! I'm trying to avoid adding sugar so I thought I'd leave out the simple syrup or honey or maple syrup and it tasted fantastic! I think ot will be my new fave... Perhaps with buy water when I'm craving fizz!

No comments:

Post a Comment