Sunday, October 4, 2009

sigh

I made chili yesterday! I froze 2/3rds of it in smaller containers so that I can thaw it in the fridge and not let it go bad. I have realized I need to use my freezer more.
I'm frustrated because I purchased a small-ish bunch of asapragus a couple days ago, I stored it upright in water like you are supposed to. When I went to eat it for lunch today the tops were soggy and stinky. One more entry to the food waste journal.
1 bunch of asparagus $2.80
I'm guessing that frozen vegetables might be better for me because of my inconsistent rate of eating them. I ate my farmer's market broccoli in time. I'm still working on the bunch of kale I bought a week ago.

I think I'm going to make some hot chocolate... so my milk doesn't go to waste too. I thought I'd make some tapioca pudding, but I don't have any tapioca :( I could have sworn I had some in my pantry when I left my stuff with my mom... mom? did you take it!? And now I don't want to spend the extra money on that luxury (I'd rather spend it on some nice dark chocolate). For now... homework and Mexican hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment