Monday, February 23, 2009

Freezer

This week's challenge is changing it's face. It is home cooking but what I really need to do is get rid of stuff in my freezer to make space for new stuff! I have a lot of freezer burnt veggies and a lot of fruit that has been in there for at least a year.

A freezer (and fridge for that matter) is most efficient when it is full. All that cooling energy is wasted if it's just for a big cold box of condiments.

Some of the things I found in my freezer I look forward to and dread using in the coming days:
- chocolate gelato (a staple)
- Trader Joes mini baguettes
- Trader Joes BBQ chicken
- frozen fruits, and many of them
- my first attempt at a ragu, that wasn't that great (too much turkey sausage)... maybe I can add tomatoes and make it better...
- some Jacques Torress chocolate wafers (hello cookies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment