Friday, February 20, 2009

The Home Cooking Challenge

The goal for this upcoming week (Feb 23 - 27) is to make all my meals and not purchase anything during the day at work- this means breakfast at home, preparing lunch and being sure to bring snack for the afternoon slump. Without a kitchenette it's going to be more difficult than it was in my last office, but I think it will be worth it. I read, in The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, that after you do something 21 times it becomes a habit. That's 3 weeks of doing the same thing every day. That's 75% of a month. I'm going to start with 1 week and see how that goes. I don't have any travel plans upcoming so that will help. Being away for a weekend (long or short) always seems to mess up my rhythm whether it be going to the gym, keeping my room clean, doing laundry or making dinner. This weekend will be the menu planning, Thermos and Tupperware cleaning, grocery shopping and salad prepping stage. I did spend about $35 on a bunch of smoked salmon when I was in Oregon, so that will probably be a recurring ingredient in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment